Feedback on case thoughts

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Feedback on case thoughts

Post by 007 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:57 pm

I have been racking my brain trying to find a new quiet case that I can leave on when i sleep. (i sleep in the same room as my comp) My current setup is quite noisey.
I was looking at a number of different cases. my tentative decision is the Thermaltake Tsunami Black windowless version. I would line it with some Aska Paxmate sound proofing material and replace the fans with quiet ones, hooked up to a Zalman fan controller. also I am thinking of cutting the bright blue leds in front of the case so they dont bother me when im alsleep and cutting out the stamped fan grills with my trusty dremel.
I really hope this is a good choice because I dont want my PC to be noisey. Any advice is appreciated! thanx :)

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:51 am

Read, read, read, and read.

Read the Recommended Components section.

Read the FAQ for Newbies: Please read this first!! sticky at the top of this forum.

Read the Article Index Lots of good info there on nearly every aspect that you have questions on.

And just read the Cases and Dampening forums. Take an hour or two and just cruise through them, being sure to read the Stickied threads at the top of the forum.

Yes, that's a lot of reading. But you'll be better for it.

And, WELCOME TO SPCR!!! :lol: