Need new monitor(s)

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

greeef

Need new monitor(s)

Post by greeef » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:42 am

right now, i have a 15" iiyama syncmaster and a 24" telly that wont switch inputs, so i cant see anything on it.

I could hack it to accept a composite signal, but i simply havent done so yet.

My budget is around 300-500 pounds, and i intend to have my 9800pro run two displays. So far i think either dual 19" CRTs, dual 17" LCDs (the most costly option) or a single screen and my tv are my options.

So, would you get two reasonable, just above low end CRTs, two budget TFTs (although the hyundai imagequest and samsung something else not bad are within my budget), or would you spllash out on a big CRT, or a big TFT?

I'll be taking the system to uni, doubt it'll get moved more than every month or so, but i do LAN on occasion.

As you can probably tell, i'm a bit confused and really dont know what i want. I got given a £500 cheque by my gran, would be nice if i could get a decent soundcard as well, and money is always helpful while you're at university.

griff