It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Did I get a new NX-3500?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:58 am 

Hello,

Just received my NX-3500 PSU from endpcnoise.com. I opened the box to find there was no manual or power (wall) cord. Is this normal? I've never purchased a PSU outside of a case before. The PSU itself is sealed in bubble wrap, and the box was crinkly-shrink wrapped. Also, the PSU, um, 'smells' new. Seems a little fishy to me, but in all honesty I don't know if these things come with a PSU or not (box doesn't say, and www.silentpcreview.com won't load for me atm).

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:40 am 
SPCR Reviewer

Manual: Often not.
Power cord: Usually, but its not unusual not to have one. (you can just reuse your old one)

New Smell: Yup, that's normal. It's also normal for it to produce some odor when you first use it as the oils inside burn off. ("burn" is the wrong word, but basically that's the idea)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:27 am 

I thought it may have a manual since even some keyboards and mice come with a 2-3 page "manual". I am going to reuse my old cord, it just looked like there was a space for it in the box and I wanted to make sure it wasn't supposed to be there.

Oh, and I meant I was glad it had the "new component smell" i.e. not used and returned. :) Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Did I get a new NX-3500?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:22 pm 
*Lifetime Patron*

N12345 wrote:
Hello,

Just received my NX-3500 PSU from endpcnoise.com. I opened the box to find there was no manual or power (wall) cord. Is this normal? I've never purchased a PSU outside of a case before. The PSU itself is sealed in bubble wrap, and the box was crinkly-shrink wrapped. Also, the PSU, um, 'smells' new. Seems a little fishy to me, but in all honesty I don't know if these things come with a PSU or not (box doesn't say, and www.silentpcreview.com won't load for me atm).

Thanks.

I received one from them in February in exactly the same condition. There have been similar comments on the forum so this is apparently normal for the Nexus packaging.