The Epic Search for a CrystalCPUID supported Socket A mobo

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Nigel2k5

The Epic Search for a CrystalCPUID supported Socket A mobo

Post by Nigel2k5 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:10 am

Hello all,

I am looking for a motherboard, which can change the cpu voltage and multiplier on the fly using software like CrystalCPUID.

I have an ASUS A7M266 motherboard and an Athlon XP mobile 2500+, unfortunately software VID change is not supported with this motherboard, thus I can't change the voltage on the fly with CrystalCPUID :evil:

I have done quite a bit of research, and haven't really found suitable solution. However, I found one motherboard the Aopen AK77-600 Max which reportedly allows on the fly voltage and multiplier adjustments :
http://forums.ocwizard.com/index.php?sh ... ost&p=6098

The only issue with the board is that it has problems recognising Athlon XP mobile processor :?

Is there a suitable motherboard for the Athlon XP mobile with on the fly voltage and multiplier change with CrystalCPUID :?:

Any help will be appreciated

Seasons Greetings :P ,

Nigel :)

tklon

Post by tklon » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:41 am

Hi Nigel and all others here at SPCR,

I'm interested if you have found a motherboard which can change vcore by vid requests with CrystalCPUID or RMClock. I tried an AOpen AK77-8X Max. Didn't get it to boot with my AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+ (1.35V, 35W, AXMD2400FJQ4C). The board says Your CPU is not supported!.

Would be nice if all Socket A user with Desktop Board and XP-M could report their results.

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:48 am

WELCOME TO SPCR for both of you.

I've had a much better experience using an nForce2-based motherboard, and 8rdavcore. When I last used CrystalCPUID, it crashed my system. Whereas, I feel that 8rdavcore feels a little more polished.

EDIT: Alright, you can't change the multiplier on the fly, but you CAN change the voltage on the fly, which is much more important, IMHO.

wsc

Post by wsc » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:30 pm

You guys should look into the Abit NF7-s...