Help: XP90 vs. Freezer 7

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mithila

Help: XP90 vs. Freezer 7

Post by Mithila » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:26 pm

Hey
I have the stock AMD sink and find it too loud, even with the "Cool n Quiet" "technology" (dont find it varies anything really).

I dont really overclock much (have experimented but never really noticed much difference) but want to replace the stock AMD sink.

Processor Athalon 64 3000+ (2.2 Ghz I think)

I have read all of the reviews on the XP90 & Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 and was wondering what people thought about the 2 (real life usage). I was thinking of putting a Nexus 92mm on the XP90. Surprisingly, the 2 coolers are w/in $5 on some websites ($29 Freezer $35 for XP90 & Nexus). Both seem to get good reviews.

Some issues:
I like the idea of blowing the exhaust right out the back with the Freezer. (my case sucks and could use all the help I can get)

The XP90 seems to preserve some expandability / CPU upgrades, etc.

I want silence. I hear the Freezer is not as silent as billed. How would the Nexus setup compare?

Thanks for the help. :roll:

Mithila

Post by Mithila » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:39 pm

whoops. got mixed up with all of the reviews. the sink under consideration would be the AC Freezer 64. sorry and thanks for the help.