MicroATX mainboard to an ATX case fit?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

HedgeHocker

MicroATX mainboard to an ATX case fit?

Post by HedgeHocker » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Will a MicroATX mainboard fit in an ATX case? Specificly a Coolermaster ...man I don't remember the model but it was a featured Case of the year and used on the Dream Machine for MaximumPC back in 2003 I think.

Getting alot of questions from me right? I'm wanting to get all this done asap since my new parts will be here soon and I need to make my wifes computer also so please don't feel anoyes with me. :oops:

ty

HedgeHocker

Post by HedgeHocker » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 pm

http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Mic ... 51168.html

there I go answeing my own question - YES.

:wink:

wc

jjr

Post by jjr » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:13 pm

AFAIK 99% of the standalone ATX cases can also accomodate the smaller µATX boards.

The only thing needed to ensure the compatibility (that's what you need to check for) is whether there are additionnal mounting holes for the µATX.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:33 am

The ATX standard ensures the exact positioning of the slots. The MATX boards just don't have the lower slots. So any MATX board should fit any ATX case, even if it requires drilling new mount holes.....which is rare.

Actually this MATX/ATX setup can be useful when modding. It opens up an area below the MB for some use or other. Like an intake filter perhaps.... :lol: