I've posted this on another forum, so I'll just copy the same information from that post:http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=20367787
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Movies, occasional gaming, photoshop, vegas
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Shooting for under $800 incl. shipping
3) Where do you live?
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget?
CPU, PSU, DVD/CD Burner, Case
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
HDD (Samsung Spinpoint 2TB 5400rpm HD204UI), RAM (G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory)
6) Will you be overclocking?
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Over the next 2 weeks as I get the money
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
USB 3.0 is really all I can think of
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
64bit Windows 7 Professional
The Motherboard I have on the wishlist comes in a combo with the processor for $25 off.
Any advice? Going for a quiet, but obviously not silent, pc.