Help configuring my system

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

preacher

Help configuring my system

Post by preacher » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm trying to make my of as quiet as possible (aren't we all on here), and need some advice on fan configuration.

I'm using a p180 which alone made things a lot quieter that I was happy, but now I want to go all out and have it as silent as possible. I have done the basic mods, taped up around the psu at the back, taped the holes for the top fan and above the card slots. It's what I read on here years ago, is there any other must do mods?

I have a seasonic x660 psu and the fan is down facing and only comes on when it gets warm. Problem is I was going to move my ssd and wd green storage drive to the bottom chamber to improve airflow in the top chamber by removing the hd cage. I'm just worried they may get too warm. Would it be worth putting a quiet fan in there to keep air moving? I just ordered a noise blocker M12-SP so could use that.

For the top chamber Im using the onboard graphics of my 2500k with an i30 cooler. I'm tempted to get a sealed water cooled system like the corsair h60 or antec khuler but they all seem to be quite noisy. Can you change the fan on them? Does it make much difference?

My plan is to replace the rear exhaust with the m12-ps I ordered so could buy another one if it's needed for the bottom chamber.

Any advice on the best setup for the fans?