Switch 810 fan replacement/additional fans or not?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

TBGAPowa

Switch 810 fan replacement/additional fans or not?

Post by TBGAPowa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:33 am

i pretty much zoned on into the nzxt switch 810 for my case it also has it own up to 7 fans adapter and i was wondering if any owners of this case could give me their opinions on the fans sounds? on the bottom of this articles page they recorded the sound: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1 ... mance.html for those that don't own it.

are the hydraulic bearings good for both horizontal and vertical placements?

i am planning on getting the switch 810 case that has up to 7 fan 3pin adapter it comes with 4 fans, would the differences between the 140mm case fans and AF140s be drastic enough for me to replace the 4 fans all together and add an additional 3 to take advantage of the 7 way adapter?

because i really much prefer adding 3 additional fans rather than spending over $100 CAD for full replacement. not huge on low sound but i do like the long 3pin cords on these fans and the aesthetics are nice too. hopefully the adapter won't blow out and leaving me needing to get a bunch of molex adapters