Case and cooling fan advcie

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

bloodyredd

Case and cooling fan advcie

Post by bloodyredd » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi I'm looking for a case that is possibly good for quiet computing and I've already considered a corsair obsidian 550d but many say that it has flaws in cooling and whatsoever but I really like its design and features :( . Is it possible that I get non quiet case and put quiet cooling xomponents on it? I need suggestions for cases and cooling fans.

kuzzia
Friend of SPCR

Re: Case and cooling fan advcie

Post by kuzzia » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:13 am

The best way to get a quiet computer is to switch the noisy components to quiet components. The case has a secondary effect on noise.

You can have at these cases:

Fractal Design Define R4
Fractal Design Define Mini
Antec P280
Antec P183
Antec Solo II
NZXT H2
Cooler Master Silencio 550
Cooler Master Silencio 650

Remember, you should try out the case fans first. If you're not satisfied then you should buy after market fans.

bloodyredd

Post by bloodyredd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 am

Hi! Thanks for replying, I've already seen those cases but I still cannot decide whether to get a quiet case or buy a normal case and use quiet cooling fans. What do you think? And only the corsair 550d managed to impress me though it has issues. :(

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 am

All of the cases Kuzzia listed are in the top tier of quiet performance. If you like the look of the 550D, then get it. You can always replace the stock fans if they don't work for you.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi! Thanks for replying, I've already seen those cases but I still cannot decide whether to get a quiet case or buy a normal case and use quiet cooling fans. What do you think? And only the corsair 550d managed to impress me though it has issues. :(
Whats going to be on the inside of the case, that can make a large impact on your choices, and likewise your budget and even whether the other reviews that you have seen re: inadequate cooling of some quiet cases or even there relative noise level all needs to be in perspective.

If you already have a system you want to put in a new case, or you have a spec that you want to buy, just post your details here, someone will give you the help and advice that you need.

Andy

PS: Welcome to SPCR