It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Development/Gaming Case recommendation
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 am
Posts: 3
Hi all,

My first post here and I must say I am really happy to find so much info on this site and forum!

I am an Android developer so most of the time (80%) I'll be using the PC for development, using tools like Eclipse and Android SDK. The rest of the time (20%) I'll use it for gaming. Currently, I've made up my mind on the final configuration, based on my needs and budget, but can't decide which Case to buy. As I'm using the PC a lot of time, 8-10 hours a day I'd really like to have it quiet.

Components:
-CPU: i5 3350p
-AsRock B75-Pro
-8 GB Kingston Blue 1660/CL10
- Samsung 830 128GB SSD + a classing 7200rpm drive
-ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti Direct Cu II 1 GB - which is one of the most silent 650ti cards
-Sirtec 400W 80+ G12S

My main idea was to spend as little money on the case as possible... but it seems that silent and cheap does not go hand in hand. I tool a look at Define R3 (as R4 is not available in my country for now) and it seemd pretty ok, but its EOF and no USB 3.0 . I also looked at Nanoxia Deep Silence1 and it seemed a good case, silent and cool, but a bit pricy. I was almost convinced to get a Silencio 550, which is cheaper than all but I saw some reviews where the included vents make a really bad airflow and the components get hot during intensinve Gaming.

Any advices ?
Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development/Gaming Case recommendation
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:49 pm
Posts: 1192
Location: UK
If you're aiming for silence then consider running a 5400 or 5900rpm hard disk instead of 7200. The speed difference is minimal with modern drives and they sound much better.

I'm not familiar with Sirtec power supplies and this appears to be an older design if it is only standard 80+ compliant. This is likely to mean it is also louder as more airflow is needed to keep it flow. Are any other PSUs available for you? Consider Seasonic as being very highly rated.

_________________
Silverstone SG03B: E8200, Asus P5E-VM HDMI, 2Gb RAM, Leadtek 9600GT+S1 rev. 2, Samsung 500Gb, Seasonic X-400, 2x Akasa 120mm, Scythe Zipang 2 fanless


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group