great forum. Lots of usefull stuff. Did my homework with the search button but still have a few questions regarding this case.
I'm building a home server (nas/vm's) with spare parts i have at my office:
- Xeon 1265LV2 tdp 45w 1155
- Supermicro X9SCM-IIF micro ATX
- 4x 3T WD red
- 2x8G Crucial ECC
Now i need a case for that beast and since this is going in my living room..... this is where HFX comes in.
Fanless, 4x3.5 disks, slim, sleak sounds like the perfect case?
Anybody has any experience with the home server case? Do not need a cdrom and i really like the size of the home server versus the classic.
What i would love to know:
- if the BorgCPU pipes will be able to cool that xeon 45 tdp and more important will it fit in heigth?
- if the external power supply EF28
will be enough to power everything?
- Speaking of power supply the site says that can be used for each PC case for standard ATX PSU
looking at the back of the server case it does NOT look like it can fit standard atx. So inside? .... I can't see where they would fit the atx-adapter + 4 disks.
- On their site: Requirements: external atx power supply. Any way to put anything else? Doesn't look like it but i'm asking.
I've also looked at Streacom but the biggest they have can only fit 3x3.5 with mini board.
Normally i would just pick up the case but .... home server case 400 euros + cpu adapter 60 euros + power supply 140 euros = i would like to make sure its all good
Thanks for your help!