I hope this is the correct forum and you will forgive me making a forked thread for this hardware problem. The main thread is here
and will be updated when this problem will be solved...
Guys, I am totally desperate with my new build. All components except for the GPU arrived, so I build the thing without any problems. But after powering it up for the first time the problems started and now it restarts every few seconds...Here is my part list:
Case: SilverStone Temjin Evolution TJ08-E
Mainboard:ASUS Z87M-Plus (90MB0EF0-M0EAY0)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K, 4x 3.40GHz, boxed (BX80646I54670K)
CPU-cooler: Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. A (BW)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Plug n Play DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-12800U CL9 (DDR3-1600) (KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G)
HDD1: Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series 256GB, 2.5", SATA 6Gb/s, retail (MZ-7PD256BW)
HDD 2:Western Digital Red 3000GB, SATA 6Gb/s (WD30EFRX)
PSU:Enermax Platimax 600W ATX 2.3 (EPM600AWT)Here is the error description:
First time after letting it sit for a while it will run for 30-60 seconds, then there is a snap (some relais?) in the power supply, reboot. The sytem reboots and the cycle repeats faster and faster until it resets nearly every 5-10 seconds. The first few times there was a post message "power surge detected", but that disappeared after a few boot loops?Here is what I tried already (none of this influenced the problem at all):
* I tried all the steps below with the case assembled and also with the MB out of the case sitting on my desk
* Checked ATX + 12V CPU power - both are plugged in correctely
* Clearing CMOS
* Turning off surge protection after reading it is considered to be buggy, turning it back on
* Updating BIOS - which broke the BIOS since it crashed in the middle of it. After removing EVERYTHING except ATX power I was able to flash BIOS 510 using ASUS USB BIOS Flashback....
* Loading optimized defaults
* Using Mem OK button
* Removing both RAM sticks (wont even POST), trying each one separately in each slot, swapping them both around
* Adding and removing every possible combination of the SSD and HDD
* Using a wired USB keyboard, and a wireless Logitech K400
* Also tried calling ASUS support hotline - they are sympathetic but stumped and couldnt help...
* Banging my head on the table in desperation...
As you can guess, I am getting quite desperate... Is this a defective PSU? A defective mainboard? What is going on here? What am I doing wrong or overlooking? Please help me! Thanks!