Advise on silent but good cooling cae for new game pc nuild

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

lanzia

Advise on silent but good cooling cae for new game pc nuild

Post by lanzia » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:07 am

Hello all,

I picked most of the parts for my new game PC but I can not decide which case to pick.
In my old (current) build I'm using a Lian Li P80 and for me its making a bit to much noise, even with fan control at 50%.
I have been looking at a lot of reviews and it seems a silent case often goes in expense of cooling performance.
I just wonder which case offers the best of both worlds as it is importen for me to keep components cool also.

Im looking for something with good design, certainly no side windows, high quellity and easy removable/cleanable dust filters, cable management and front USB.
In my new build I will be running a z87 board with a 4770K, Noctua NH-D14 or 14 S CPU cooler, SSD for OS and games and HDD for data.
The case has to support large video cards, I will be using my current GTX 680.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Abula

Re: Advise on silent but good cooling cae for new game pc nu

Post by Abula » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Look into Fractal Design Define R4, pretty solid case for all your hardware. The top hdd cage is removable in case you want more direct airflow to your GPU or to fit super long gpus. Check the following video for more info, Fractal Design Define R4 Review.