It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Low-profile GPU cooler for Streacom FC9?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:17 pm 
Friend of SPCR

Howdy! After getting a new TV stand, I realized that my current HTPC, with its custom wooden case (that I'll probably list for sale soon), does not comfortably fit inside. I decided to take this "opportunity" to upgrade the case to a fanless one. I already had my eye on the Streacom FC10, but the FC9 would fit my TV stand better.

My HTPC currently has an mATX motherboard, a reasonable Ivy Bridge CPU, a fanless HD7750, a mini-PCIe SSD, and a 2.5" HDD, powered by a PicoPSU-160-XT.

Now, if I switch to the FC9 case, I would have to switch the video card to a low-profile one. I'm leaning towards a Zotac GTX650, which would be a slight upgrade over my HD7750.

So, here's the core of my question: Is there a quiet (or perhaps passive) cooler that I can put on that low-profile video card, which would fit in the FC9 case? Or is there a heatpipe solution that would allow me to hook it up to the other side of the FC9? I actually wouldn't mind a very quiet fan in the case, to circulate some air and cool down those VRM's, but I doubt that the Zotac card is very quiet, by default.

Thanks for your help, as always!