Polls?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Should we have polls for recommended components?

What a great idea!
100%
Search is enough. n00b.
No votes
Not sure, let me think about it for a couple years.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Xyvotha

Polls?

Post by Xyvotha » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 am

Hi all, it's been a while since the recommended section is outdated. I understand it could be difficult to keep a list up to date.
What if we made a poll for each component? Say, ask for votes only from 1st person experience.
This could be a helpful tool for someone looking for new components (that and the search function of course) IMHO.

Let's see what people think... with a poll :P

CA_Steve

Re: Polls?

Post by CA_Steve » Fri May 09, 2014 9:47 am

Individual polls for every component you might think of would generate it's own set of problems. First, you can seldom simplify the questions you need to ask for a given component into one polling question (eg: is this the best CPU cooler for my system? what's the CPU, what's the case, are their size restrictions, are there price restrictions, distribution limitations, are you over volting, is lowest noise the top priority..etc.). Second, I doubt response rates would be significant.

Better off asking for system advice and making use of the member's collective knowledge.