It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Advice on a new quiet Gaming rig
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:06 pm 

Hi

I am building a new gaming rig that want to as quiet as possible.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 or XL R2 - Looks good, relatively inexpensive, and lots of great quiet features.
PSU: Corsair AX750 - coming over from my current rig
Mobo: Asus Z97-A - Asus boards have always worked well for me and I like the features and price. Several fan headers is a plus and the Asus Fan Control software is pretty nice. Possibly Z97-PRO(AC) for better audio codec (Realtek ALC 892 vs 1150) and wi-fi for streaming to Chromecast.
CPU: Core i5-4690K - Should be adequate for my needs, plus the bump to i7 is too expensive for me.
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ares LP DDR3-2133 CL9
HSF: Noctua NH-D15
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X; GPU Cooling: Raijiantek Morpheus with Noctua NF-S12A PWM or Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-PS - Should keep the the video card cool and quiet
SSD:Crucial MX100 512GB - Looks like a solid choice.
HDD: 2X WD Green WD20EZRX - 2TB Media storage
Optical: ASUS DRW 24F1ST

Misc:
Gelid Solutions PWM Adaptor Cable for VGA Cooler Fans
3X Gelid Solutions PCI Bracket with Removable Dust Filter, pack of 3 or 2X Silverstone Aeroslots
2x Grow Up Japan Smart Drive Classic SATA HDD Silencer
Possible Case Fan replacement: 4x Noctua NF-A14, Nosieblocker Blacksilent Pro PK-2 or Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-PS
Akasa SSD & HDD Adapter AK-HDA-03 - For mounting 2.5" SSD/ HDD adapter into 3.5"
Akasa SSD& HDD Adapter AK-HDA-01 - For mounting 2.5" and 3.5" SSD/ HDD adapter into 5.25" Bay

Acousti AcoustiPack ML 2-layer 4mm OEM Material or Acousti AcoustiPack ML 3-layer 7mm or 12mm OEM Material
- installing in the bottom and roof to further dampen the case, if i don't need the fan mounts to cool my rig when i overclock the CPU and GPU. (This might be a bit over the top).

What do you think that i have made good choices, if not why should i choose other comopnents?

All advice will appreciated. :D

Thank you in advance.