Very [quiet] system advice please

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bokka

Very [quiet] system advice please

Post by Bokka » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Hello everyone!
Please ask for advice on my next setup. The most important thing is that I DO Not WANT TO HEAR THE PC WHEN IT IS TURNED ON.
Consequently, the choice of the various components must first of all take into account this. I AM NOT INTERESTED TO DO OVERCLOCK.
I want to assemble a pc with the following components: Intel i7 7700 (not K), geforce gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram ddr4 2x8gb 3000mhz, ssd 250gb + 2tb hdd.
I do not need other peripherals. Depending on what I've told you, you should advise me:

- Case
- power SUPPLY
- silent video card
- Cpu heatsink
- silent mechanical hard disk (???)

Also, with regard to the CPU cooler, the stock cooler wich comes with the cpu is silent enough? Thanks so much!

P. S. I don't want a water cooling system.

Abula

Re: Very silent system advice please

Post by Abula » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 am

Bokka wrote:Also, with regard to the CPU cooler, the stock cooler wich comes with the cpu is silent enough?
This depends on each, we all have different tolerance to noise and different standards, hey we all should have different base noise levels in our working places, so its hard to say for sure. But in my opinion on quad core is too noisy on load.
Bokka wrote:- Case
A very popular case among quieter builders is Fractal Design Define R5, as long as you are fine with the size, its a very nice case, easy to build with good cable manegment and well thought all around.
Bokka wrote:- power SUPPLY
If you dont want to spend that much, go with Corsair RM550X, very good overall PSU both in noise and performance.
Bokka wrote:- silent video card
I would go with MSI GTX1060 GAMING X 6G, From the TechPowerup review,
Gaming fan noise is also awesome! With only 28 dBA, the card is unbelievably quiet, especially considering the performance it provides. If you want quiet, this is the card to get, also for a quiet media PC that can handle 1080p gaming. Temperatures are very good, too, with around 67°C under full load.
Bokka wrote:- Cpu heatsink
Scythe Ninja 4 or [url=tps://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-81425600105 ... 00PKJ21LW/]Thermalright Macho RevB[/url] would be my suggestion, both offer good value for the money and perform really well with quads. I would give the edge to the Macho in terms of the fan it comes with and the color that will match a R5 black n white.
Bokka wrote:- silent mechanical hard disk (???)
The only silent drives are ssds, mechanical will always have some noise with them, we try to use the least noisy, but still they do emit noise. My recommendation is any of the WD Reds, i own 3tb and 8tb and reasonable quiet, some have said that later revisions have been more noisy than earlier.... i cant say much here as i dont own an old and a new one. Again this is a tricky question, i personally dont mind certain hdd noises, and do some, we all are different on noise bearing, but keep in mind there is no silent hdd in the market, unless you go with ssds.

I didn't see a motherboard question, so i assume you have something in mind already, same with ssd?