It is currently Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Horrible Experience @ TekGems.com
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:45 pm
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: Westchester, NY
Okay last week I had went to Tekgems to place an order on some Yate Loon fans, since they had them for the cheapest price. Jab-tech.com had them for a little bit more, so I decided to go with TekGems.com Well I had the worst shopping experience from this store, than I ever had from any other shopping online.

I had placed an order on Monday July 18 in the evening during store non-operating hours. That same night I had requested to cancel my order because I realized I used the wrong credit card, and decided to replace the order with my Paypal account. When I had replaced my order, the fans now were being offered with free shipping. So I figured a nice little bonus for me. :) Well Tuesday afternoon comes, and the guy (Sun Kim) who contacted me gives me a hard time about canceling my order, asking me a few times back and forth in email about why I wanted to cancel. I had to explain numerous times my reason. He went and charged my credit card anyway after I had requested to cancel. I assume he did this thinking that if he charged my credit card that I would change my mind. After charging my card, I told him to please remove the charge especially since my order has not shipped, he finally agreed. So now he changed the payment from my credit card, to Paypal.

Now that the dispute has been settled, I would assume my shipment would go out today, because we spoke about this early afternoon time here in NY, so the time in California was still morning. On Thursday (July 21st) , I emailed requesting a tracking number since one hasn't been provided yet. My email was never replied to. So I went the weekend without hearing from the guy. I figured he probably sent out my order and it would be here by Monday or Tuesday. Well Tuesday (July 27th) afternoon comes, and I still haven't recieved anything. I emailed again requesting a tracking number since it has now been a week after my order has been placed. He replies back and tells me he hasn't shipped my order yet. Right then I was furious, because I was expecting my package to be here today, and he tells me he hasn't even shipped it yet.

So I requested he cancel my order. He emails me back to tell me he had to go to a wedding and didn't have time to ship out my order, then asks if I'm sure that I want to cancel (I ask myself is this company ran by only one person, for my order to not have been shipped due to one person having to go to a wedding?) Also I didn't know wedding's were 7 days long... Because thats how long ago it was that my order was placed, and still hasn't been shipped. I told him only exception would be if you can send the order 2nd day air instead of ground because I have been expecting this package and need it ASAP.

He replies back with an attitude agreeing, then telling me that he is going to raise the price on this item because it is not worth the hassle of selling it at this price. A few minutes later I recieve an email from Paypal, alerting me that he has refunded me. Then he emails me back and says sorry I couldn't send out the order because I have too many other things to deal with, so I have refunded your money back to you.

What kind of company is this? That is the most disrespectful customer service I have ever witnessed before. I would strongly suggest that you think things over before dealing with this company? I'd much rather have spent my few extra dollars @ Jab-tech.com for these fans, than having to deal with this. Not only did he waste my time when I was in need of these fans, but now they are not even coming at all, and I have to wait even longer to order them from somewhere else.

Then tonight he sends me this email