It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: be quiet!’s excellent support
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:25 am 

Usually we post examples of bad customer service but this case proves some companies really care.

One of the fans in my be quiet! psu was clicking badly and I emailed the technical support in Germany to ask for details to buy a new one.

The guy answered quickly and instead of providing me the fan specs he just asked for my address to send me a new set of fans. A few days later I received two new fans!

Lian-Li PC7 w/ Noiseblocker 80 mm fans . PSU Bequiet 350W . Abit AS8 . P4 540J w/ Coolermaster Hyper 48 . XFX 6800GT w/ Zalman VF-700 Cu @5V . Pixelview PlayTV Pro . WD 200GB SATA . Seagate 80GB PATA . Samsung DVD-CD/RW . LG DVD Writer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:05 am 
Patron of SPCR

Hi, I had a similar experience with Logitech. I have a relatively fancy cordless keyboard/mouse (one of the first I think) and I explained that I'd manage to put the keyboard on the floor and stand on it :oops: This broke one of the legs at the back, it's a plastic bit that clips in and can be folded to allow keyboard to lie flat like most keyboards have. I asked if it was possible to buy a replacement as glue was, unsurprisingly, unsuccessful. They sent me both legs (sided and they weren't sure which I needed) for free and pretty promptly.
Probably cost them pennies but left me with a good feeling about the company and I'll probably look to them first when I want a replacement so in the long term they win.
Seb

i7 2600k under NH-C14 w/2xTY-140PWM fans, P8P67Deluxe, 8GB RAM, GTX560Ti OC w/TwinTurbo II and BIOS fanspeed mod. 2x120GB HyperX 3K RAID 0 & 2TB EARX in Scythe QuietDrive outside case. Antec Signature 650 fan swapped. CoolerMaster 201C with 2x92 + lower 92mm fan out rear, holes-in-floor and mesh top+front intakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:48 pm 

SebRad wrote:
Probably cost them pennies but left me with a good feeling about the company and I'll probably look to them first when I want a replacement so in the long term they win.

Something very few companies do unfortunately...

I e-mailed BeQuiet! a couple years ago and got a fast response wich answered my questions, the english was pretty bad being slightly better than my German but who cares :) At least it wasn't a pre written crappy response wich makes no sense..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:41 am 

I made almost exactly the same experience with bequiet. Some weeks ago my psu started ugly noise. Unfortunately I couldn't find my receipt (my psu's almost 3 years old) so I browsed their web page and found out that they offer a 3 year warranty.

I called them on their toll-free number and the guy on the other end said to me that he's afraid they offer the 3-year warranty only for their newer products, but of course(!) they will send me new fans for free.

An hour or so later I received an email that the new fans have just left their house. The next day they were in my mailbox.

I would very much appreciate SPCR testing one of their psus, because their service is among the greatest I've experienced so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:44 am 

MikeC said there's a couple of their PSUs waiting to be tested. I think it was in the Mushkin PSU review discussion.