Possibly panicky alert - Silicon Acoustics

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Airshark

Possibly panicky alert - Silicon Acoustics

Post by Airshark » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:42 am

Perhaps they do this frequently, but I just went over to the Silicon Acoustics web site and found a notice saying they were "closed", and if I had any outstanding customer service issues, I should send their service department e-mail.

I've done business with Silicon Acoustics many times in the past - does anybody have any more info about them? Are they still in business?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:42 am

Hello,

I'm pretty sure that they are really out of business now -- I did see their "Going Out of Business Sale". Though they may still be "supporting" their products -- the best way to find out might be to ask them?

Airshark

Post by Airshark » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:46 am

Thanks for the reply. I can find nothing on Google about Silicon Acoustics being gone, and there are plenty of references to them both here and elsewhere. This is a real shame, I bought my first Papst fans from those guys.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:08 pm

They are in fact going out of business. There was a thread about it around here somewhere a while back. It is a shame...but there are some good deals while they last.