Replacement fans for CoolerMaster Notepal U2?

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

intok

Replacement fans for CoolerMaster Notepal U2?

Post by intok » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:17 pm

The bearings in the original fans are shot and I was hoping to get something with more push then the stock fans had, what are my options?

I was wondering if it was possible to use off the shelf desktop fans and just wire them up to the original fan connector, ideally something with good airflow and a super long life bearing design. Something like this if possible http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835181027

CA_Steve

Re: Replacement fans for CoolerMaster Notepal U2?

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Welcome to SPCR.

Here's the little bit of info from Coolermaster's site: they are 80mm x 10mm fans. What we don't know: Is it a standard 2-pin or 3-pin fan? Are they just on or off?

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Vicotnik » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:42 am

I would go for a nice DIY solution. A (perhaps slim) 120mm fan mounted with zip ties and powered either through USB like the two original fans or (if the thing isn't mobile) with a normal power adapter. Perhaps with a fanmate for manual control. Yeah. :)

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:50 am

usb = 5v -so any fan(s) running off that will need to be able to start consistently at that low voltage.

I would power 2 slim 120 fans from a 12v brick, and use a fanmate for speedcontrol