Customizing a Sony VAIO SZ? Any good online stores?

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

pedro

Customizing a Sony VAIO SZ? Any good online stores?

Post by pedro » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:16 am

Hello,

I live in Australia and due to the outrageous price of Sony laptops in this country I'm looking overseas to ship one here. As far as I know, one cannot customize a Sony SZ in Australia either. This is another reason for looking overseas.

I'm after suggestions regarding:

a) good sites with reasonable prices that are willing to ship internationally;
b) sites that will let me customize my Sony SZ.

I've tried googling but I can't seem to limit my search to weed out all the garbage. So I'm looking to people who have actually done this or know of good sites.

I'm also interested as to whether companies ship physical media with the laptop. (I.e. will I receive a copy of Windows XP/Vista on CD/DVD so that I can re-install it after I've ripped out all the trash?)

Thanks very much in advance.

aaa

Post by aaa » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:23 am

I have not really looked but the only place I know of for customizing Sonys is www.sonystyle.com . Everybody else seems to be selling preconfigured models.

I'm pretty sure the media they give just ghosts their crapware-filled install back on, only way to remove them is one-by-one.

shoebox9

Post by shoebox9 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Don't by a Sony if you want to use a SSD in it down the track. They just don't work in a long string of Sony notebooks.