Sony VAIO VGN-AR720E/B Notebook blurry screen?

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

WinVista

Sony VAIO VGN-AR720E/B Notebook blurry screen?

Post by WinVista » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:32 pm

I recently got a new laptop...a few days ago. The screen looks blurry to me. I have ajusted and messed with the NIVDA control panel, the basic control panel that controls the screen resolution. The highest my laptop has is 1440 x 900, I have lowered it, and its even more blurry, I have placed it back to the highest setting, and I can't figure out why it looks like this to me. Espeically on any page I go to that is black or white. I can't always make out whats on the screen based on the colors or so it seems. The laptop model is VGN-AR720E/B It's a Sony VAIO laptop.

Has anyone had this problem? Is it actually a problem? Is this just the way the screen is because it's HD 1080??? I have never had a laptop this nice before. I came from a Sony VAIO VGN-FS8900P...the screen was not even close to as bright as my new one.

Can anyone help me with this? Or understand what this means or what is going on?
Any help would be great, of any explanation of what is going on would be most helpful.

tehfire

Post by tehfire » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:37 pm

I'm pretty much stumped too, but did you check your screen refresh rate? It should be around 60Hz...setting it at something else may cause blurriness. That's all I can really think of...

WinVista

Post by WinVista » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Its got NVIDIA Geforce 8400M GT GPU 256 VRAM for advanced graphics and performance.

Is this why?