I am reading about all these netbooks but can't find one that is:
1. Atom based (or any processor that will give me #2)
3. Docking port - will be used most of the time as a desktop.
4. has SSD drive - no noise
5. be with at least 10"-12" screen
I have Asus 901 with custom Arch Linux which is:
1.yes, atom based (easy to undervolt and underclock by software, at least in linux)
2.yes, in normal use (i have set this fanless and temps stays at 50-52!!) Only in really heavy use (games and videos), fan spins up at 62 (I have TOTAL control over the fan (there is only one))
3. no, there is no docking port, but standard vga and three usb connectors.
4. yes only 4 gigs fast ssd but 20 gigs total.
5. no, 8.9" but as resolution is same in 10" models, that doesn't really matter.
I could recommend you Asus Eee "top model", 1000 with 10" screen, 40gb ssd and linux. It should be mostly packed with same hardware as 901, but I can't guarantee its "fanlessness"
As the screen is also silent (unlike most lcds which quite often have noisy voltage control), this is the first totally silent computer I have ever had.
As every unit maybe unique, YMMV really.