|14 or 15 inch notebook advice please
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||monkeyesque [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 am ]|
|Post subject:||14 or 15 inch notebook advice please|
I suppose i am one of SPCRs many long time lurkers and have picked up so much invaluable information over the years culminating in two home desktop and one work desktop builds which are inaudible in the slightly noisy environments in which they are placed. So much thanks to all for the articles and forums which made that possible.
My current issue is trying to find a replacement notebook. i currently have a 3 - 4 yr old HP 6730s with a T5670, 2GB of ram and recently kept up to speed with an 256GB samsung 830. This is now being passed on to an older relative. I'd really appreciate some thoughts on replacing it.
1. I don't game and my thoughts would be to avoid a discrete GPU
2. I'd like a little bit more CPU headroom but i dont need much more than i have, i think this rules out Brazos or Atom
3. 14 or 15 inch screen
4. Budget 400 - 900 USD or £300 - £800
5. Low noise - i appreciate i cant go fanless but something reasonably low would be good
6. Less than 2.5KG
7. Ideally i'd like a 2.5" sata drive which i can pull out easily and replace with my 256GB 830
I've looked at a lot of the Ultrabooks etc and I'm not sure they're for me. I'd rather have ethernet ports etc than various dongles.
Thus far i've come up with one of the last gen sandy bridge Timeline X models as possibly the best pick.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group