Dead Silent: Zalman TNN 500 AF, Intel Quad and Intel SSD

Closely moderated reviews by forum members willing to share their experience and accept stiff peer review. Open only to registered forum members.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

strangelove

Dead Silent: Zalman TNN 500 AF, Intel Quad and Intel SSD

Post by strangelove » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 am

As a follow on to my previous post, ("Fanless Zalman TNN 500 AF works with Intel Quad Q9550" : not allowed to post link), regarding using Intel Quad Q9550 with Zalman TNN 500 AF, I have now replaced my Samsung HDD with an Intel X25-M SSD 80GB and the PC is absolutely dead quite - Not a sound! It works great - temperatures are all at moderate levels. And the speed in booting up and starting programs is fantastic - thanks to the SSD.

Only one issue remain, the buzzing sound from my Samsung SyncMaster 245B is now getting on my nerves. Thoughts on this topics anybody?

For the first time I am truly happy with my PC noise level. It works and I can recommend this type of setup to those seeking dead quiet environments.

tehfire

Post by tehfire » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:49 am

Usually buzzing from LCDs is caused by the brightness being set at something less than 100%. MikeC posted a workaround in which one sets the monitor brightness all the way too full, and if that is too bright, one can turn down the brightness settings at the video card driver level.

Lt_Dan

Post by Lt_Dan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:12 am

did it work?