Corsair H50

Closely moderated reviews by forum members willing to share their experience and accept stiff peer review. Open only to registered forum members.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Slimjr

Corsair H50

Post by Slimjr » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:48 pm

First off hello
Just joined forum
I purchased the H50 yesterday and was wording has anyone connected it in a Thermalake V9 case before, if so how did you change fan flow?
Also is it possible to use the case fan in the push pull method or should I purchase two of the same type fans?

Thanks

JamieG

Post by JamieG » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Thermaltake products aren't well-regarded here, as they are usually quite noisy, so you might not get a great deal of assistance.

Given the V9 has a huge 230mm top exhaust fan, I would suggest that you would be fine if you used the rear 120mm fan mount to connect the H50 with its fan as an intake pulling cool air into the case from the rear and pushing it over the H50's radiator. The heat would then be exhausted out the top of the case by the 230mm exhaust fan.

This review shows results using 1 fan either as an intake or an exhaust and 1 fan vs 2 fans results.

Slimjr

Post by Slimjr » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks
I do not think that I am a fan either after talking to their support line.
The link was very helpful, I am going with the push pull method.
Next quest does a pictular fan work best with this method?
The link used Thermalright TR-FDB is that the best way to go or is there another fan?
Also since the fan is to pluged into the CPU fan slot how do you plug the 2nd fan?
I guess you can tell I am new at this.
Thanks for your help

JamieG

Post by JamieG » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:35 pm

I don't know much about recommended fans for watercooling radiators, but some possible fans to look at would be the Nexus Real Silent range, the Scythe S-Flex range and possibly the Scythe Gentle Typhoon range.

You can either buy a fan splitter adapter (aka a Y-splitter or Y adapter) that allows you to run two fans off a single motherboard header (beware not to exceed the amperage rating of your CPU_FAN header - but you should be alright) or buy a separate fan controller of some sort and individually control each fan.

If you run both fans off of the CPU_FAN header, then you should be able to set your BIOS to use voltage control on your CPU_FAN header which will vary the voltage being fed to your CPU fans depending on CPU temperature.