[Case Fans] Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 (140mm) Review

Closely moderated reviews by forum members willing to share their experience and accept stiff peer review. Open only to registered forum members.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Derek Semeraro

[Case Fans] Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 (140mm) Review

Post by Derek Semeraro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:07 am

In short, I purchased two of these and they are excellent. The packaging and aesthetics of the fans themselves are very good, although I am focusing my review on the noise factor. At 140mm, the large size, they are large enough to carry large strokes of air while not having to spin as quickly as the smaller fans. The blades are soft and you can even touch them while they are spinning (at full speed) without getting hurt. Yet, they offer significantly more airflow than my stock case fans of the same size. The blades are just efficiently designed in every regard. They're lightweight, have a certain curvature to them and they are thin enough so that more blades could fit within that one fan. Compared to the hard drive, stock case fan and my AMD Wraith Spire stock cooler, it is the quietest part of my case and roughly equivalent in noise to the power supply (which is very quiet).

At full speed, the Pure Wings 2 fans are not completely inaudible but are extremely quiet. Assuming you aren't doing any extreme overclocking, you can set the fans to a lower speed and it will be (practically) inaudible. At $10-12 per fan, it's a good deal for anyone, even builders on a tight budget. This is a much better product than a generic $5 fan and you can get good quality without having to spend $20 per fan. Recommended for builders that both want more airflow and less noise. Rating: 9/10