It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: AXP mobile @ 73 degrees C!!! Sensor problem?
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:52 am 

I have a AXP mobile 2500+ running @ 2.2 Ghz at stock voltage and my sensor says the cpu is at 73 degrees when I'm running F@H. However, usually the com will crash @ 63-65 degrees but the com this time is still running fine even if the sensor states it's 73 degrees. Is the motherboard sensor broken or should I do something about the CPU cooling? I'm using a Zalman 7000A with a modded Nexus 92 mm fan running full speed on my CPU.

Post subject: Re: AXP mobile @ 73 degrees C!!! Sensor problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:32 pm 

ckang008 wrote:
I have a AXP mobile 2500+ running @ 2.2 Ghz at stock voltage and my sensor says the cpu is at 73 degrees when I'm running F@H. However, usually the com will crash @ 63-65 degrees but the com this time is still running fine even if the sensor states it's 73 degrees. Is the motherboard sensor broken or should I do something about the CPU cooling? I'm using a Zalman 7000A with a modded Nexus 92 mm fan running full speed on my CPU.

i just noticed this post

well, heres a tip: touch a heatsink, if it isnt hot to the touch, like mega hot, your sensor's are wrong.

I havent seen a sensor that was correct EVER.
but yours is more busted than most. if its correct, you most likely cant see this post! :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:01 pm 

Do not worry about it - I have heard of 25 degrees C differences between two 'identical' motherboards with identical rest of hardware. As long as it works do not worry at all.

As for high temps I once managed to get my Athlon 1200 temperature (according to sensor) to 112 degrees centigrade, it still was working (the fan was not on), nevertheless I turned it off and connected the fan. It was 45 degrees C above normal working temp.

IMHO the only useful information you can get from your sensor is the temp difference between idle and load. And remember - as long as it works flawlessly you have nothing to worry about.