My Motherboard Temps

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

OneMacGuru

My Motherboard Temps

Post by OneMacGuru » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:27 am

Been reading about certain motherboards over-reading temps. I have a Gigabyte GA81G 1000 Pro G and am having real difficulty in pinning down the temps. I am using Everest, MBM5 and Speedfan (all configured) but does anybody know if this board under-reads as I seem to be getting 28C on load (18C idle at room temp of 21C)? Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks.

Al

ultraboy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by ultraboy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:17 am

Hi Al,

I've googled on your MB a bit, and has not found any useful info about temp sensors in your model.

I guess you'll have to check those temp yourself using external thermometer as was suggested in your other thread. So this issue can be put to rest.

Cheers.

OneMacGuru

Post by OneMacGuru » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:26 pm

Hey ultraboy

Not to mix threads or anything but my load temp is now 28C hence my desperate plea for help with the sensor readings. I'm sitting here looking at all the wires that came with the T-Ban and thinking "if only i wasn't a colourblind dyslexic, this would be a dawdle". And as for the internal USB connections :?

I'm googled out - going to change this bloody motherboard for one that is reasonably well known.... or bite the bullet and install the T-Ban. Nah! I'm off to Cyprus for a couple of weeks - at least my folding score will improve :D

Al

ultraboy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by ultraboy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:44 am

OneMacGuru wrote:...And as for the internal USB connections :? ...
External USB is much easier to use. For some reason mCubed also recommends external USB during trouble shooting - I guess it's more reliable. :|

I did manage to short out my MB internal USB header :cry: while installing T-balancer far too late at night. Lesson learned.