All your board are belong to us.

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

All your board are belong to us.

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:35 pm

Probably the best broken english phrase ever.

Now for the content:

http://www.asrock.com/product/product_939Dual-SATA2.htm

Now that's some content.

Check this mother out.....

I suggest to download the .pdf of the Manual for this board. Just go on and read it:

939 and M2 compatible. bingo, nothing else is like this. This bizarre or this nifty.
Agp, pci and pci-e graphics compatible, has 2 card slots for splitting pci-e 16 to 8x/8x or you can use 4 graphics card at once, no problems. Put that in your pipe. Hey, it even has 3 pci slots left. the xfire boards that were kinda cool had 2. eh. i need 3 min for my tastes.

Howz bout dis: Completely passive north/southbridge. And a wimpy northbridge at that. no honkin mother load northbridge either.

Goes as fast as nforce 4 sli, yet apparently, not hot, so one assumes, less power at idle and maybe even load.

Can be put on 754 socket mobo's, so you can have SLI on 754. the chipset, i mean, can be on any amd64 system, NOT like nforce3-4, 880 pro to via pci-e, etc.

Also: when ddr2 comes out, which is a heap of junk in my opinion, i like latency timings better for amd64 (as does most of this universe), you can STILL use ddr1 on the board, it has it on there already.

so check that out eh? im getting this puppy with an x2 in mind. using my 9800 aiwonder pro on it, agp, then upgrading as i wish.

No firewire ( but who cares cuz the B version is better and only gigabyte normally puts that on all boards)
no gigabit lan. kinda freaky that its not on there. but er, doesnt matter for people like me who normally transfer from other computers like, hm, about once every 3-4 months a file larger than a 3-400 megs.

qviri

Post by qviri » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 pm

M2 compatible but still has both serial and parallel ports onboard? Hmm.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:18 am

and no ddr2 needed for when m2 comes out dismally wow us.

keep all but the processor, even agp, ram all things and all the serial and parallel ports and such..... cant beat that. plus its at least as fast as good nforce 4 sli ultra whatever hot piece of whatever (i skip nforce as rule)

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:06 am

FWIW....I have an Asrock board (P4-2.4) in one of my computers. Been working fine over a year. :D

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:41 pm

hey, that's a good thing to hear. very good thing.

nifty.

truly, can't wait for this thing :) its cool to buy an alternative to crap.