how do i flash my bios on my Asus A8N SLI premium?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

klankymen
Patron of SPCR

how do i flash my bios on my Asus A8N SLI premium?

Post by klankymen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:16 am

i downloaded a new version, and it's a zip with a 500kB bin file in it, and i have no clue what to do with it. i checked on asus' website and they only have instructions for A7N, and P series and all kinds of series, but not the A8 series. i have a floppy drive, if that's relevant, but i don't want to mess something up, so i havent tried just puttin the file on the floppy and booting with the floppy in.

nici

Post by nici » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:43 am

Check he manual, chapter 4.1.2. The instructions are pretty straight forward, just follow them and youll be fine. :) you will find the most recent BIOS, 1009, on asus site along with the most recent chipset drivers wich asus say you need to update before updating the BIOS.

The flashing program is loacated on your support CD, called AwardBIOS Flash Utility(awdlfash.exe)

If you for some reason dont have the manual or support CD, you can download them. i just downloaded the manual from asus site to see how to flash the bios on an asus board, and awdflash should be available on the net too. if its not on asus site, just ask :wink:

klankymen
Patron of SPCR

Post by klankymen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:59 am

thanks! i was actually able to find a 1009 version, kewl. i think i installed the newest chipset driver, but i'm not sure, I'll install it one more time to be certain.

oh yeah, stupid me, i shoulda checked the instruction, but I'm pretty frustrated at my computer right now.
Last edited by klankymen on Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nici

Post by nici » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:39 am

klankymen wrote:....but I'm pretty frustrated at my computer right now.
Ok stop whatever you are doing right now, and leave it until tomorrow :wink: I know i cant make anything work if im frustrated, i usually just end up breaking something :roll:

klankymen
Patron of SPCR

Post by klankymen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:07 pm

hmmm... i did everything the instructions said, and when i got into the awdflash application and typed in the name of the bin file, i just got a flashing message saying "this is not an award bios!" Edit: like this (sorry for the blurriness, i couldn't do any better)

even though i did everything the instructions told me to. the only difference is i used a different awdflash.exe file, because for some reason i couldn't copy the one from the CD. it just said Image so i have noooo idea. maybe if you or someone else has it and can email or upload it to me? i would reaaaaaallllly appreciate that. i cant think of what else the problem could be.... :?

nici

Post by nici » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:13 pm

Weird. Sorry but i cant come up with anything.. Send e-mail to ASUS is what i would do, after doublechecking everything and then sleeping on it.

hravn

Post by hravn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:49 am

I never thought I'd say this (being a console diehard), but you should try Asus' Windows app for flashing the BIOS. Worked perfectly for me, with 1009.