Best mobo with a Ninja and passive gfx card ?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Uriox

Best mobo with a Ninja and passive gfx card ?

Post by Uriox » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:15 am

Hi guys. I'm building a new system in my old SLK3700 BQE case, and I'm going for a NF4 ultra mobo. I'd like to use a scythe ninja too. I know most mobo are compatible with the ninja, but i'd like to be sure :wink:
I'd like to put a fan on the ninja to expluse air toward the case exhaust fan. I'm thinking of several options for my future mobo but i'm not sure which one would allow the best airflow/cooling :
- the asus A8n-e : not passive, so need a nb47-j
- the abit an8 ultra, passive (good !), but the heatsink at the back would be in the path of the airflow from the ninja, so less cooling ?? Am I right ? Or on the contrary would this be better ?
- the DFI LanPart nF4 Ultra motherboard with a nb47-j, memory layout is great, chipset seems badly placed however, and the cpu is in the center of the mobo, which seems bad for the push-pull thing between ninja and case exhaust fan.
- one of those gigabyte boards ( for which the chipset is passively cooled. However it will sit under the gfx card, which i will want to be passive too. All that heat in one place, I'm afraid this will not be a good idea.
- a MSI card ?

The cheapest solution seems to be the a8n-e + nb47j...

I'm lost !!!! Any advice ? :lol:

Big Fat Duck

Post by Big Fat Duck » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:40 pm

ive had a similar dilemma earlier, but I just ended up getting the lanparty ultra-d, and now im having an evercool vc-re shipped to me for a chipset swap