Anyone in seattle got a system i can test on: 2400+ xp-m ?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

SLOTh

Anyone in seattle got a system i can test on: 2400+ xp-m ?

Post by SLOTh » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:59 am

I am not getting a post... i know the ram is good and these are the two components that i am unsure about... how should i go about testing them? if the mobo won;t support the chip anyone know how to see if either are still good? thanks for yout time.
Last edited by SLOTh on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arvo

Post by Arvo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:27 am

Clear CMOS (see mobo manual).

If this doesn't help, remove everything (including RAM and videocard) from mobo (not CPU!), disconnect all cables (HDD etc, but not speaker and other cables, going to front panel), turn PC on - you should hear long beeps (I assume you have speaker present and connected).

If not, then some problem with motherboard. CPU should be supported, although you may need to update BIOS (if you have CPU, which boots).

If yes (you hear beeps), place RAM and boot - you should hear one to three short beeps - missing video. Then connect video and other devices, turn PC on after adding a device - this way you either find failing device or just make your PC working.

SLOTh

Post by SLOTh » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:49 pm

I updated the bios and my 900mhz duron spitfire works in the board... so i need to test the xp-m in another machine to make sure its not just a bios unsuport issue...

anyone got a system to test in, in seattle? plz help...

Candor

Post by Candor » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:47 pm

Yeah, maybe... What socket does the xp-m run on, I have socket A, and 939.

I just checked, and see that it runs on A. So, yeah, you can use mine. I'm on Capitol Hill. You?

SLOTh

Post by SLOTh » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:04 am

Candor wrote:Yeah, maybe... What socket does the xp-m run on, I have socket A, and 939.

I just checked, and see that it runs on A. So, yeah, you can use mine. I'm on Capitol Hill. You?
see your PM