Fujitsu P7120 and Q2010 'ultra-mini' reviews

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

NoiseFreeGuy

Fujitsu P7120 and Q2010 'ultra-mini' reviews

Post by NoiseFreeGuy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:25 pm

I had a chance a couple of days ago to test out the Fujitsu P7120 and Q2010 sub-notebooks.

These notebooks are extremely difficult to get your hands on to try before buying. Fujitsu obviously doesn't seem to mind this as this is the way they've been selling their notebooks for many years.

First the P7120. Uses a P-M ULV 753 1.2G CPU. Has optical drive (can be removed).
FANLESS!!! The only sound you'll hear in a quiet environment is the hard drive, and it's very quiet, even by my standards.
This notebook has been out for more than a year now and is set to be replaced by a newer model in Feb 2007.

Q2010, released approx. June 2006. Lighter and thinner than the P7120 but has a bigger screen and keyboard.
Uses a ULV U1400 1.2G Core Solo CPU. No optical drive.
Has a fan. Not sure how often it comes on or how loud it is. It didn't come on during the 20 minutes or so of on/off testing I did.
Hard drive noise was pretty much the same as the P7120, very quiet.

Testing of the two machines was very light, as they weren't connected to the net and didn't have any software to speak of loaded on their hd's.

They are both quite expensive notebooks but for those looking for quiet ones, these are two to definitely consider.

NoiseFreeGuy

Post by NoiseFreeGuy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Oops!

I was meaning to post this in the Notebook Forum.
I wonder if the Admin will move it?