temp monitoring questions about Asus P5B Deluxe (speedfan)

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ultrachrome
Patron of SPCR

temp monitoring questions about Asus P5B Deluxe (speedfan)

Post by ultrachrome » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:13 am

I just built up a P5B deluxe last night and loaded SpeedFan 4.32.

Does anyone know what AUX temp is showing? On my system it's showing 119C and going as high as 127C.

I have the following temps being displayed:
System (chipset?)
CPU
AUX
HD0
Core 0
Core 1

Lastly, is there a better application for this board/chipset? I'm using an HR-01 with duct and I want to make sure the north bridge is not going to fry.

Thanks.

Plissken
Friend of SPCR

Post by Plissken » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

I just built a system with the same board and saw the same thing. After some searching on the Internet I was convinced that the AUX temp should be ignored. It seems that SpeedFan doesn't play well with the P5B-D in general. You can't even download a profile for it.

Another thing I noticed was that Core Temp shows much lower CPU temps than both SpeedFan and TAT.

E6300 at idle (OC to 2.84 GHz):
Core Temp 22C
SpeedFan 34C
TAT 38C

The Core Temp reading is below ambient (can't be right), so I don't use it. At idle the SpeedFan and TAT readings are apart by 4C but at load they are usually identical. The Core Temp reading is always at least 10C below the other two.

I haven't found a way to check NB temp directly. Right now I'm using the finger method :?

J. Sparrow

Post by J. Sparrow » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 pm

SpeedFan profiles are user-contributed, just upload yours if you think it's worthy :)

The Core temperature is estimated because the (secret) throttling temperature is estimated: there's a good post written by cmthompson on that topic.

SockToy

Post by SockToy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:02 pm

I use MBM5 with the nvidia, core2duo and history graphing plugins.

Sadly I cant see any way to set fan divisors on MBM so its useless for fan speed monitoring if you have low speed fans, but it works well for the temp monitoring.