Asus P8H67-I Deluxe VS Prolimatech Samuel 17

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

breacH

Asus P8H67-I Deluxe VS Prolimatech Samuel 17

Post by breacH » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:23 am

Hello everyone!

First of all, let me introduce myself! :D

My name is Christian, geologist, i am 25 years old, livin' in Switzerland and i am a pure fan of computer's modding and tuning!
Especially when it concern the quietness and efficiency! Because it's so much unpleasant to sit on the side of a loudy computer... (well i think everyone understands me on that point :) )

Secondly, let me congratulate everyone here and the managers of SPCR! Which i read since a few years now..
I found so much useful advices and tips here around the articles.. Big thanks for that!

And third now, the subject of my topic here:

I have a question about the compatibility between the Asus P8H67-I Deluxe and the Prolimatech Samuel 17...

I am planning on building a mini-ITX home theater computer with these two components.
I already have the PCI-E graphic card (radeon hd 6750 with an Arctic Accelero S1 PLUS) and the Prolimatech Samuel 17.

I need to be sure about the fitting of the Asus P8H67-I Deluxe with a PCI-E graphic card and SO-DIMM memory stick on it, with the Prolimatech Samuel 17..

Does anyone have already mount these components together? And does they fit good?

The thing is that i only need to buy the Asus P8H67-I Deluxe, and it is the only motherboard that corresponds to my build..
It's a mini-ITX with USB 3.0 header and the good color scheme.. (cause i'm also planning on some modding/tunning in that build)

Thanks forward for your help! And keep the good, silent, work! :D

ces

Re: Asus P8H67-I Deluxe VS Prolimatech Samuel 17

Post by ces » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Here are the exact dimensions for the Prolimatech and also for the Noctua NH-L12. If neither of them fit, the scythe kozuti should fit.

If you can wait a few weeks for the Ivy Bridge, you can use that CPU and get away with a smaller cpu cooler than you would otherwise need.

I understand that the while the ivy bridge is not all that much more powerful than the Sandy Bridge, because of its substantially reduced heat signature, it overclocks way way way better. I have read that it has already been overclocked past 7Ghz... WITHOUT using any fancy competitive super cooling apparatus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ces on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ces

Post by ces » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:06 pm

What kind of case are you using?

boost

Post by boost » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:39 am

ces wrote:I have read that it has already been overclocked past 7Ghz... WITHOUT using any fancy competitive super cooling apparatus.
I heard it was a LN2 suicide run for CPU-Z screenshot.

ces

Post by ces » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 am

boost wrote:I heard it was a LN2 suicide run for CPU-Z screenshot.
It looks like you are right, but it still appears that it will be an improved overclocker.

http://en.expreview.com/2012/02/26/ivy- ... 21410.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4790/ivy- ... d-ddr32800

breacH

Post by breacH » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 am

Hello!

Thanks for the replies.

I already have the picture with the dimensions of the Samuel 17. That's not the real problem.

The thing is that i already have the Samuel 17 and the CPU (core i3 2100T).
I just need to buy a motherboard, and i'm planning on the Asus P8H67-I Deluxe because of it equipments and color scheme.

I also have the case already, a Lian Li PC-Q11.

So, no need to wait for Ivy bridge.
Also i will not overclock that computer, it will be for HTPC..

The point here is that i need to know if i can buy the Asus P8H67-I Deluxe blindly?
No problem with the Samuel 17 on it? With SO-DIMM sticks nor PCI-E card?

If someone has an Asus P8H67-I Deluxe here, can he please have a look and maybe take some dimensions or something?

Thanks forward again!