Mini-ITX M/B with Advanced Fan Control Advice

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

clark42

Mini-ITX M/B with Advanced Fan Control Advice

Post by clark42 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to get a I5 3570 CPU and I'd like good Mini-ITX M/B Ivy or SandyBridge with advanced fan 0-100% RPM control so I can set them to start only according to temperature. I mean looking at Asus P8H67-I review (http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1200-page6.html) you have fixed minimum of 0% CPU and 60% Fan Case with BIOS or 20% and 40% with Fan Expert. I aim to turn the pc on with all fans at 0% and gradually increasing depending on temperature only during use.

Anyone has experience with a Mini-ITX board with lowest minium fixed rpm control from bios? Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte?

Thanks for your help

hramrach

Re: Mini-ITX M/B with Advanced Fan Control Advice

Post by hramrach » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 pm

I would stay away from asus when it comes to quiet sytems unless you want to use extra fan regulator.

Comparing Asus e-350/e-450 based boards DH61AG the Intel board is way quieter with the same fans.

I don't know if it has some knobs for regulation because it just worked. It is running the fans but you will notice only in a very quiet room.

Pappnaas

Post by Pappnaas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:45 pm

hramrach wrote:I would stay away from asus when it comes to quiet sytems unless you want to use extra fan regulator.

Comparing Asus e-350/e-450 based boards DH61AG the Intel board is way quieter with the same fans.

I don't know if it has some knobs for regulation because it just worked. It is running the fans but you will notice only in a very quiet room.
I disagree, because if used properly, FanMate will achieve the quieter results. No matter what stock board performance may be or may not be quieter than other boards@stock.

hramrach

Post by hramrach » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:15 am

What is FanMate?

I don't see it in the BIOS.

In fact on some of the Asus boards there is totally stupid range in which you can regulate the fans.

If FanMate is supposed to be an Asus software tool it's completely useless.

No single software package from Asus would install for me in Windows 8 saying the system is not supported.

Needless to say on Linux none of their software packages even runs.

If the board does not work on its own let it die.