K10stat/ps check for intel?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

toxsickcity

K10stat/ps check for intel?

Post by toxsickcity » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:21 am

Hi.

I have been using amd for years and I have always used k10stat /pscheck or rmclock for keeping the systems using low speeds and voltage control.

I've always had troubles finding Intel speedstep program mods

I want to move from my thuban 6core 1100t

To a Intel LGA2011 i7 3820 quad core
And maybe the MSI g45 quad channel ddr3

What can I use for keeping the voltage and p state where I want then

Thanks
Shaun

HFat

Re: K10stat/ps check for intel?

Post by HFat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Since no one has replied...

In case you haven't figured it out already, there's little need to tweak this stuff manually anymore. I loved rmclock and the Core2 SuperLFM. But I realize there's no real need for that stuff anymore. Mainstream Intel CPUs (as opposed to the recently-obsoleted Atoms) underclock and undervolt automatically... not as much as you used to be able to with some models but the intrinsic efficiency of the new CPUs more than compensates.
Another reason you can't do much tweaking anymore is that Intel is trying to make you pay extra for low-voltage CPUs (that are not much more efficient than the regular parts anyway).

You can however still underclock if you don't want your CPU to ramp up too much under load.
Some mobo vendors ship a utility to do it dynamically while others only allow you do it in the BIOS. But recent versions of Windows (since you seem to be using Windows) allow you to underclock dynamically anyway.
The problem is that the interface sucks. Maybe someone wrote an underclocking tool with a decent interface.

toxsickcity

Re: K10stat/ps check for intel?

Post by toxsickcity » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:09 am

Thanks for your reply.

I have had great results with all my amd undervolting

It is fun to control the processors the way I like.