It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Bay-trail motherboards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:46 pm 

First of all, thank you for your quick reply.
MikeC wrote:
When you say "played on lan network", I presume you will access the files with the HTPC over the network, right?

Yes you are right
MikeC wrote:
You can also use any of Intel NUC system -- or bare boards -- and transfer it to a fanless heatsink-chassis. Ditto the Zotac fanless zbox models.
Examples of the above mentioned products are reviewed on the main site.

I have seen the intel NUC but i prefer to create my personal system :D
MikeC wrote:
No problem for almost any modern CPU/mobo to play HD files to any TV.

Good, that's all I've been waiting to hear.
For notebook PSU, which one should I buy?
Are there others producers, like asus/gigabyte, that have motherboards with notebook supply and cpu integrated?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Bay-trail motherboards
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am 

nickjames wrote:
Hello!

After hours of research I decided to to build a NAS with Fractal Node 304 case (with 4 HDD's) and Asrock Q1900DC mobo. But one thing forgotten, how will I feed the 3 case fans?

There is only one case fan connector on the mobo, it could feed the 140 mm fan. There is a CPU fan connector as well, it might be powerful enough to feed one of the 92 mm fan. Is it? But what to do with the second 92 mm fan? Any recommendation? Can I use a splitter for the mobo case fan connector and use it for the 140 mm and 92 mm fan(s)? Or it would be too much load?

Another solution considered to connect a second power source directly to the MOLEX connector of the case.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Fractal_Design/NODE_304/images/innercablefc.jpg

Does anyone knows how the fan speed switch works on this case? On high use it the 12V line, on medium "mix" the 5V and 12V, and on low use the 5V line? Or? I assume the low settings would be enough for me. Maybe a small 5V adapter connected to MOLEX 5V line could solve my problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanx
nj

I used to have a Node 304 build and that description of the fan speed switch sounds correct. Low settings were near "silent" (though I removed switch and replaced all fans with PWM as the fan/molex cables detracted greatly to cable management). I think you would have no problem running the 2x92 fans from one of the mobo fan headers on the Q1900DC, I have one in a build but it runs fanless but normall fan headers are rated a good deal over the typical fan current.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10