It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: "Smart Power" fans from 02-Cool.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:32 am 
*Lifetime Patron*

Now I'm not sure if/how you could use this with a computer. But they will sit on the desk while you work with a PC. I bought mine at Walmart fot $14.....it is a smaller version of the one in the link. It works off AC with a small wall-wart which also charges the built-in ni-cad batteries. It also has a compartment for four "D" cells. This is a 6v system. The smart part....it automatically selects the least costly power method. AC first if available, then the re-chargables, finally the std D cells. What I really like about this small version.....you have a dial to select fan speeds. At the minimum, this fan is quiet. The larger 12V fan in the link, is only 2-speed. I've also seen them at Target stores. Believe it or not.....they come charged up (without the d cell batteries however). :)

Link

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill disciplined, despotic, and useless. Liberalism is the philosophy of sniveling brats." - P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:11 am 

Neat. How much air does it move? I have this fan that is from some store online, and it has a moving grate on the front, so that the air oscillates without actually having an oscillating fan. It is 120AC though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:53 pm 
*Lifetime Patron*

I do have a version of the 12V fan in the link (no batteries) It blows a bunch of air, even at the low speed.....but it's noisy.

The little one I have has a fan about 120mm. It's quiet enough at the lowest setting. Turned to the highest setting, it blows more air than any 120mm computer fan I have. But it's too noisy at that setting. On the batteries, it turns slower and quieter..... :D

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill disciplined, despotic, and useless. Liberalism is the philosophy of sniveling brats." - P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:59 pm 

On batteries it must be getting less voltage, you could also feed it less voltage in the power port if you really wanted to. The fan I have is pretty noisy, but it works really well, so I'm happy with it.