The forums

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

pelago

The forums

Post by pelago » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:34 am

Hi,

As a returning user to SPCR (I was last here a few years ago), I'm finding the choice of forums a little confusing.

What is "The Silent Front" forum really for? It looks like it's supposed to be discussing the latest 'news' in the silencing world, but it seems much the same as many of the other forums with general discussion. Wouldn't the motherboard sticky in that forum be better in the "CPUs and Motherboards" forum?

Should "CPU cooling" be merged into "CPUs and Motherboards"?

Should "Fans and Control" be merged into "Cases and Damping"? I'm assuming "Fans and Control" is more to do with case fans than CPU or PSU fans.

Lastly, "SPCR Article Discussion." Would it be better if each article discussion thread be posted in a relevant forum? For example, a thread discussing an article about a new PSU could be posted in the "Power Supplies" forum. The reason for this is that if someone is interested in PSUs and is browsing the "Power Supplies" forum, they would miss discussion on the article unless they went into "SPCR Article Discussion."

I realise I'm a nobody around here, but I thought you might be interested in the opinion of an outsider trying to get into your forums.
Last edited by pelago on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:26 am

Thanks for your comments. Worth thinking about.