SPCR ARTICLE REQUEST: 100% silent PSU mod [kill coil whines]

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

jaldridge6

SPCR ARTICLE REQUEST: 100% silent PSU mod [kill coil whines]

Post by jaldridge6 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:30 pm

Well, I've read (back to 2001) that a lot of us are unsatisfied with our power supplies because they whine when doing things, idling, mousing, whatever. I think it would be great if, on these forums or as an official article, a power supply was selected for modification. It would most likely have to be a cheap model since the RMA would be voided, but, would include a very quiet fan and cable length adequate for the p180 (since I know most of us have this case)....

Mods, writers, electricians, readers.... what do you think? I would write the article but I have no idea what I'd be doing. Someone knowledgeable would most likely find a well reception to an article (with pictures) on how to mod a power supply so that the coils/transistors don't whine or vibrate.

James

mcoleg

Post by mcoleg » Thu May 17, 2007 5:40 am

can't tell you but i'd be interested in it as well. hope someone would have an answer.

Devonavar
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Devonavar » Thu May 17, 2007 10:30 am

Thanks for your interest. I'm moving this to Site Feedback where it will get more attention from SPCR staff.

psymanproductions

Post by psymanproductions » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:10 pm

good idea jaldridge6

i would be interested to see if they could get rid of any whine made by the psu, ive tried to remove coil whine but it seems like the only 100% effective method of removing this sound was a large hammer :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

take my poll if u can be bothered chlick here

viewtopic.php?t=42846