Front Page Link to Forum Discussion?

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

Skirge01
*Lifetime Patron*

Front Page Link to Forum Discussion?

Post by Skirge01 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 am

I'd like to see a link on the front page that goes to the relevant forum discussion. At a minimum, I'd like to see this for anything the site reviews, but a link for all items would be welcome in my book, as well.

Anyone else?

My primary reason is that in order to return to a discussion, I have to click on the review, click on the last page of the review, scroll to the bottom, then click on the discussion link. It's certainly not a big deal, but, besides the easier navigation, I see it as something that might drive people to the forums more frequently.

Skirge01
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Skirge01 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:07 pm

From the lack of responses, I guess that explains why there isn't a link on the front page... apparently, I'm the only one who would find it useful. Oh well, it was a thought. Guess I'll continue to be the lurker on the site. ;)

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 pm

There is actually a feature which can be enabled to allow discussions of the articles not in the forums but directly on the main site, beneath the articles -- I'm sure you've seen this on some other sites. However, we have a technical issue in that the user database in the forum has no relation to users on the main site. This means, for the time being, that you'd have to register on the main site separately to post comments there even if you already have a forum ID. There are workarounds, but they're not elegant. The SPCR web platform is going to be updated in a fairly major way in the next few months, and by the time that happens, we may have found a way to fulfill your wish.

psiu

Post by psiu » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:54 am

2 points:

1) I would find it handy also--it's something I've wished for.

2) uhoh upgrades! Should put up a notice when you do the upgrade. And make a backup first. And do your upgrade quicker than Anandtech is doing theirs :lol: