It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Spam via Private Messaging
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 am
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:45 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Got the following PM today:

From: VaughnWhite
To: johaneriksson
Subject: Take measures immediately!!!
Dear, johaneriksson!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately [snip]

Top
 Profile

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:08 am
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: Maynard, MA, Eaarth
Thanks for your patience on this (again!)! Until the Admin can find the Spammer's IP, I cannot ban them.

Do not click on the link in these PM's!

_________________
Sincerely, Neil
http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Top
 Profile

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 am
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 am
Location: Northern California.
^^^^

Oh the irony, a spammer waxing about the virtues spam control...

Reported to mods.

But its the bad Karma sararaja124 has to live with that will be the real issue....

Please support SPCR by buying your gear through these links: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg

Top
 Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]