Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

Post Reply
johaneriksson
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:45 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Spam via Private Messaging

Post by johaneriksson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 am

Got the following PM today:

From: VaughnWhite
To: johaneriksson
Subject: Take measures immediately!!!
Dear, johaneriksson!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately [snip]

NeilBlanchard
Moderator
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: Maynard, MA, Eaarth
Contact:

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:08 am

Thanks for your patience on this (again!)! Until the Admin can find the Spammer's IP, I cannot ban them.

Do not click on the link in these PM's!

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 am
Location: Northern California.

Post by xan_user » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 am

^^^^

Oh the irony, a spammer waxing about the virtues spam control...

Reported to mods.

But its the bad Karma sararaja124 has to live with that will be the real issue....

Post Reply