It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Hey found this in my inbox today. Beware!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:15 am
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Undisclosed but sober in US
I checked this guy's profile, zero posts. Surprise! Not really.

Inbox :: Message
From: VaughnWhite
To: aristide1
Subject: Take measures immediately!!!
Dear, aristide1!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://removemalware.webcindario.com/online-scanner/
If you do not pass this test we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

Forum Administration www.silentpcreview.com

_________________
People who put money and political ideology ahead of truth and ethics are neither´╗┐ patriots nor human beings.

Top
 Profile

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 am
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: Albany, GA USA
I don't think he will get anyone here to bite.

Top
 Profile

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Offline
*Lifetime Patron*

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Undisclosed but sober in US
MikeC canned his ID right quick. 8)

_________________
People who put money and political ideology ahead of truth and ethics are neither´╗┐ patriots nor human beings.

Top
 Profile

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:35 pm
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: Maynard, MA, Eaarth
Yes, the admin has to get the IP of users who Spam via PM (without posting), and the latest Spammer was banned this morning.

Sincerely, Neil
http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Top
 Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]