Post Reply
aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Undisclosed but sober in US

Hey found this in my inbox today. Beware!

Post by aristide1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:15 am

I checked this guy's profile, zero posts. Surprise! Not really.

Inbox :: Message
From: VaughnWhite
To: aristide1
Subject: Take measures immediately!!!
Dear, aristide1!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://removemalware.webcindario.com/online-scanner/
If you do not pass this test we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

Forum Administration www.silentpcreview.com

Michael Sandstrom
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: Albany, GA USA

Post by Michael Sandstrom » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 am

I don't think he will get anyone here to bite.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Undisclosed but sober in US

Post by aristide1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:16 pm

MikeC canned his ID right quick. 8)

NeilBlanchard
Moderator
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: Maynard, MA, Eaarth
Contact:

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Yes, the admin has to get the IP of users who Spam via PM (without posting), and the latest Spammer was banned this morning.

Post Reply