Any Feed back on ProVantage

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

oakdad

Any Feed back on ProVantage

Post by oakdad » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:09 pm

The pricing seems to good to be true, making me wonder do I dare.
http://www.provantage.com/system-cases~66SCASE_0.htm
For instance.

tehfire

Post by tehfire » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:07 pm

I used them once - shipped out quickly and had a good amount of communication. The item was just as described; The item was a Belkin UPS, by the way.

That's the only item I ever bought from them, and I never had to return it so I don't know how their return policy is. One thing is they mailed me their catalog for like 3 yrs after I bought the item haha.

thetoad30
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by thetoad30 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:52 pm

Sometimes Provantage likes to gouge you on shipping costs... so make sure to factor that into your decision. That's probably my primary complaint with them most times. They have GREAT prices, until you factor that into the equation.

Not too sure about customer service - I had a battery shipped by them from another warehouse, and it arrived broken. A few days later after immediately e-mailing them about it I was getting notices from UPS that they needed to pick up a package. I released it to UPS.

About a day or two later Provantage sent me an RMA number, and about a week after that I received the battery back for not having an RMA number on it. I e-mailed them, and since then, haven't heard anything from them. So I just took the battery back to Radio Shack and had it recycled. Not sure what happened there, but they never "came after" me for it so I guess all's well that ends well.

A shop that I LOVE is Bottom Line Telecommunications. They are located online at www.shopblt.com. Their service is extraordinary, and their prices are usually just a little higher than Provantage, but they ship from all over the place so you can usually select ground shipping (thus saving a LOT of money) and still get the product in two days. Their return policy is great too, with a 5% restock fee (and I hear that sometimes they waive this, but I've never returned anything so I don't know) for only "disliked" items. Standard DOA policies apply so you won't lose out there either. Just in case you wanted a different place to look at.

HammerSandwich
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by HammerSandwich » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:49 am

I've used Provantage several times. No complaints, but I haven't needed to return anything.